I’ve had a hard time getting the H1N1 vaccine.(1) It’s no news that it’s in short supply everywhere, and because of that it has been limited to high-risk individuals.(2) I am not a high-risk individual(3), However, living with someone who a) has cystic fibrosis, b) has had a double-lung transplant, and c) is, resultantly, immunocompromised, means that I have to get vaccinated for the flu and for the disease-formerly-known-as-swine-flu. I had difficulty explaining this to my primary care physician, and they were in such short supply that they turned me down.
Today, though, I finally managed to get the shot thanks to the fine folks here on campus. I feel better knowing that it’s one less thing to worry about. But because having one less thing to worry about isn’t nearly as awesome as having many less things to worry about, I got the thinking about other things I would like to be vaccinated against.
- The dark side of The Force
- Golden Girls
- Lady Gaga
- Rene Zellweger
- H2N2 – Swine Flu the Sequel
- H1N-1 – Swine Flu the Prequel
- H2D2 – Robot Flu
- H1U2 – Bono Flu
Hopefully we’ll see some of these soon.
- The word vaccine comes from the Latinate word for cow. This has nothing to do with my post; I just think it’s interesting.
- Health care workers, pregnant women, people who care for children less than six-months old, college students up to 24 years old, people 25 to 64 with chronic medical conditions, zombies, Katie Holmes, the little people who live inside the television, cops, and that dude on Yo Gabba Gabba.
- Well, not that way.