The incomparable Lindy Loo bestowed me with the Honest Scrap award(1)
I feel totally honored, not just because of the award, but because my blog has its first-ever comment. A productive day, outside of the bathroom anyway.(2)
Firstly, I’m supposed to thank the person who gave it to me.
Then I’m supposed to list ten honest things about me, followed by passing this prestigious(3) award on to seven other bloggers.
So now…what you’ve been waiting for…
10 (Honest) Things you’ll Love about Me!(4)
- Last night I began my guerrilla recycling program. Instead of letting the city pick it up, my landlord takes care of the trash himself. So I have to drop my recycling in other people’s pick-up bins. Going from bin to bin in the dark of night with a huge garbage bag slung over my shoulder isn’t exactly incognito, but it is funny.
- I will do pretty much anything if it’ll make someone laugh, even if the only one laughing is me.
- And I LOVE really bad jokes.
- Despite my love of laughter, I generally find life difficult to live. I feel as though I’m not fit to live, like I’m somehow deficient of something that other people have that, for them, makes life work like a brand-new tube of toothpaste, whereas life for me is more like the end of the toothpaste tube.
- However, since the re-introduction of Ashley into my life, I feel much calmer, much more accepting, and much more willing to deal with life a little bit more on life’s terms.
- I count the number of times Ashley and I have sex. Just the other night, we hit the 100 mark. A celebration ensued.
- I’ve been actively trying to lose weight for the first time in my life. I use a website to track my caloric intake and my activities. So far, my most common activity is sex.
- I’m fanatical about hyphen-placement.
- I rule at carving pumpkins, largely because I have a broader definition of what counts as a pumpkin-carving tool.
- I’m probably a little meaner to the new kitty than I should be. I do genuinely feel bad about this, but every time he starts being mean and manipulative to the other cat, I get kinda pissed. Rather than hurting him, though, I’ve taken to locking him in the bathroom for five minutes or so. Also, I feel like a wuss putting my cat in time-out. But whatever.
Now I’m supposed to pass this on to seven other blogger, but I’m not going to.
So suck it!
- Which I’m totally aware is the just newest meme-like fad racing through the Blogosphere/Internet/People’s Republic of Blogistan, and I’m even further aware that I didn’t nothing to actually earn the award other than be friends with the nonpareil Lindy Loo, IRL no less.(a)
- a. And possibly having introduced her to my ex-girlfriend who, precedingly, awarded Lindy Loo with the Honest Scrap award.
- Bathroom-wise, I’ve felt all day as though I need to drop some hate in the toilet, but nothing happens when I take the throne.
- All bloggers are liars.